Emerson Channel Sports: All Sports. All Emerson.
Emerson Channel Sports: Not Your Average Network
- Director, technical director, audio mixer, floor director, camera operators
- Executive and associate producers
- Segment teams
- Studio pre-show, half time show and post-show with two hosts
- Play-by-play and color commentary
- Sideline reports and interviews
- Segment Talent
- Live social media coverage for all home games, all sports
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vine, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn
- Promotions for games and special events
- Interactive daily posts promoting both athletes and ECS crew and talent
- Photography of athletes at all home games and ECS behind-the-scenes
- Host events promoting the inclusion of Athletics with the rest of the Emerson community
- Produce promotional videos showcasing the athletes and ECS crew and talent
Building our Broadcast
- Initiates the start of more updated equipment purchases
- Display graphics throughout our broadcasts showcasing team and player statistics, game match ups, names, etc.
- Air the promotional videos that our marketing teams make on our broadcasts
- Air the player profiles, behind the scenes and team update segments that our segment teams make on our broadcasts
CrossOver 16 Switcher which features a DVE, Still Store, and built in Multi-viewer. This piece of equipment has been selected by the Manager of Emerson College's Vin Di Bona Television Studios, Antonio Ascenso, and approved by the Emerson Channel Advisor, Diana Barton.
Expanding our Education
Why help ECS? It is more than a group of kids talking about sports, it's a movement for Emerson College toward growing a reputation in sports communication and broadcasting excellence
- We’re one of the largest emerging organizations on campus with our production and marketing staff having grown upwards of 500% in the last year
- Our reach has expanded across the country, which has raised the standards of our broadcasts therefore puts more demands on our equipment
- Our technology is limiting our capabilities and room for growth, therefore the student initiatives to try new techniques in film, broadcast, and communications often do not air due to our outdated equipment
- These funds will allow our team to expand their skill set, bring a better broadcast to our growing audience, and bolster the reputation of Emerson College in sports communication
We're also grateful to our friends over at the Berkeley Beacon, Emerson's paper, for a great article about this initiative and our future plans for the funds. Our Sports Director Madison McGahan and Marketing Director Amanda Tessier talk about how this organization can bolster an Emerson student's education. (Photo by Jack Adams/Beacon Staff.)
It's important to mention that while the funds are going directly towards broadcast equipment for the Bobbi Brown and Steven Plofker Gym where basketball and volleyball play, it's a step towards us providing more coverage at Rotch Playground where softball, lacrosse, and soccer play. We love working with these teams and once we improve our existing broadcast, we're hoping to pursue other opportunities at Rotch.
We also hope you enjoy this new video starring Emerson's Women's Lacrosse team! We had a blast working with them--they're one of the funniest teams on campus--and certainly have a fantastic sense of humor in this video. (It's important to note that it's an ode to Beyonce's 7/11 video, so check out both if you haven't already!)
Thank you again--we really can't say it enough--and please continue to share our campaign and empower our mission!
We now need your help to spread the word. Here are some sample posts you can share with your networks:
Your gift goes straight to improving a student's education. Learn about Emerson Channel Sports' crowdfunding campaign here: https://emerson.useed.net/projects/203/home
Did you know Emerson College is up-and-coming in sports communication? Help improve the opportunities today: https://emerson.useed.net/projects/203/home
Emerson Channel Sports is building futures. Help them in their pursuit: https://emerson.useed.net/projects/203/home
Thank you again for all you've done for us! We're honored to have such a supportive community.
Alice & Jim Baird
18 supporters have chosen not to be listed for "Emerson Channel Sports: All Sports. All Emerson.".
Make an Impact
And We're Live!
Your donation will help ensure that our broadcasts go live
Check 1, 2, 3
Your donation means that we're that much closer to making sure our audio will never cut out during a broadcast
You donation means your athlete's profile can be shared on our broadcasts
Coverage You Can Count On
You'll never miss a no-hitter, extra set, 3-pointer, overtime, or buzzerbeater again
Prerequisite to Professional
Your donation helps your student progress from college co-curricular to professional sports network
Your donation helps future generations of Emerson College students pursue sports communication
Bleed Purple & Gold
Your donation helps recruit your future teammates to come to Emerson College
Your donation means an underground gym is no longer a metaphor for sports at Emerson College